We provide a wide range of services related to preservation and protection of the environment as well as municipal water supply and sewerage services. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Declare, and manage protected areas and species in accordance with the provisions of the Environment Law.
- Guidelines and standards of the Environmental Impact Assessment that is required before the implementation of any project that may have an impact on the environment of the Maldives.
- Guidelines and standards for environmentally safe procedures for waste management, and monitor to ensure that these guidelines and standards are met by those operating waste management.
- Valuation of the environment in order to compensate any loss to the environment.
- Issue permits for construction dewatering.
- Issue licenses for water and sewerage services, and the management of solid waste.
- Research changes to the island beaches and the causes of beach erosion, and providing advice to solve these issues.
- Research and experiments on the environmental pollution in the Maldives.
- Research on the taxonomy and biodiversity living organisms.
- Research and experiments regarding environmentally friendly biotechnology and biosafety.
- Scientific research into the available sources of potable water in the Maldives, and monitoring.